Transportation & Environmental Resources Division
The Transportation and Environmental Resources Division administers federal and state funds for the planning and implementation of programs, projects, and policies related to air quality, various modes of transportation, solid waste management, and economic development for the three-county region.
The staff of the Division works with federal, state, and local entities to:
- Enhance the quality of life of southeast Texas citizens
- Improve air quality and assist the region’s effort to attain federal Clean Air Act air quality standards
- Support economic development
- Provide improved mobility, increased transportation options, and improved intermodal connections within the region
- Promote coordination of collection, transportation, and disposal of solid waste
- Maximize community benefit and protect the environment
- Maintain a variety of data and information on southeast Texas, including GIS data and demographics
- Encourage community participation and increase awareness of individual roles and responsibilities
- JOHRTS METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN 2045, AMENDMENT #1 AND JOHRTS TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM FY 2021-2024 Public Meeting Packet
- MTP and TIP Public Meetings
- MTP and TIP Press Release
- SETRPC JOHRTS TIP FY 2021-2024 For Public Review
- SETRPC JOHRTS MTP Amendment #1 For Public Review
- Check out Ozone Action Days
- Live Streaming of Transportation Planning Committee Meeting
- Map of Park and Ride Locations
- Proposed Hike and Bike Route Maps
- Hike and Bike Plan 2037
- RFP South East Texas Hike and Bike Plan 2037
Explore the Division’s current projects around the region.
Meetings & Events
Find out how the Division supports the three-county region by attending a meeting or event.
Regional Maps & Data
Data collected and maintained by the Division from a variety of sources, including the Census Bureau, TxDOT, and others.